1. 本会定名为槟州家具同业商会，以下简称为 “本会”
2. 本会马来文名为 Persatuan Perindustrian Perabot Dan Kayu Kayan Pulau
Pinang，英文名则为Penang Furniture And Timber Industry Association。
1. 本会注册和邮寄地址为槟城, 诗不郎再也, 打曼可拉莎, 罗弄可拉莎一号, 门牌十一号一楼，邮区编号13700，或其他由董事会决定的其他地点。
2. 在开除有关会员之前，董事会必需以书信通知，并说明因由, 以促请该会员自动退会。
I. 入会费RM 2,000.00 （一次性）
I. 入会费RM 1,000.00 （一次性）
II. 年费RM 300.00 （每年缴付以更新其附属会员籍）。所有的年费必须在每年十二月三十一日前缴交至本会。
1. 常年会员大会为本会之最高权力机构。 常年会员大会之法定人数为至少会员总数之一半或董事会成员（
10. 如有紧急事项须得董事会之批准，而董事会会议却因故未能召开，则秘书长可以用书面 “通告” 的方式取得董事会的批准。
I. 任何超过马币2万（RM 20,000.00） 的开支必需获得会员大会的批准。
II. 任何马币2万（RM 20,000.00）或以下的开支必需获得董事会的批准。
III. 会长、秘书长及财政有权批准马币1万（RM 10,000.00）或以下的开支。
PERSATUAN PERINDUSTRIAN PERABOT DAN KAYU KAYAN PULAU PINANG
(PENANG FURNITURE AND TIMBER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION)
CLAUSE 1: NAME
1. The Association shall be known as
PERSATUAN PERINDUSTRIAN PERABOT DAN KAYU KAYAN PULAU PINANG (PENANG
FURNITURE AND TIMBER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION)
Hereinafter referred to as “the Association”.
2. Meaning of name ： The name of this Association shall be PERSATUAN
PERINDUSTRIAN PERABOT DAN KAYU KAYAN PULAU PINANG in Malay language, PENANG
FURNITURE AND TIMBER INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION in English language.
3. Level ：Negeri
CLAUSE 2: REGISTERED ADDRESS
1. The registered address is
11, 1ST FLOOR, LORONG KELASAH 1, TAMAN KELASAH, 13700 SEBERANG JAYA PULAU
or at such other place as may from time to time be decided by the Board of
Committees; and the postal address is
11, 1ST FLOOR, LORONG KELASAH 1, TAMAN KELASAH, 13700 SEBERANG JAYA PULAU
2. The registered and postal addresses shall not be changed without the
prior approval of the Registrar of Societies
CLAUSE 3: AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The aims and objectives of the Association are: –
I. To encourage promote and protect the common interest of manufacturers
and traders in the state of Penang including in Province Wellesley who are
involve in the furniture industry, wood based industry and related
II. To promote and facilities interaction and strengthening relations
between the industry or members and Government departments and with other
III. To foster the spirit of mutual help and assistance among members, to
adjust differences among members themselves and also between members and
other bodies or individual including to act as arbitrators whenever
IV. To subscribe to, affiliate or become a member of or co-operate with any
public organization or institution or association where it is considered
such subscription, membership or co-operation is essential or conducive to
the objects of the association.
V. To render assistance in developing wood-based educational activities or
setting up related schools and technical colleges and to organize relevant
exhibition, dialogue sessions and trade mission.
CLAUSE 4: MEMBERSHIP
1. The Association shall now have two type of memberships which is Ordinary
Member and Associate Member：
A) Ordinary Members
I. All duly registered company or business organization domiciled in state
of Penang, Malaysia whose main business is dealing with
furniture/wood-based industry/manufacturing goods/machinery related to
furniture industry shall be eligible to apply for Ordinary Membership.
B) Associate Members
I. All duly registered company or business organization domiciled in
Malaysia whose main business is related to or supportive of the furniture
and timber industry shall be eligible to apply for Associate Membership.
2. All members (Companies) shall nominate a representative in the
Association’s activities and the Company may change its representative upon
his death or any circumstances where the Company thinks fit. Membership
shall cease when the company commenced winding up. The Board of Committees
shall review all members details based on the information provided by
Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) and has all rights to terminate the
membership once it is confirmed that the company had wound up.
i. Entitled to all services and welfare made available by the Association.
ii. Shall have the right to vote, elect, to be elected as Committee at the
Annual General Meeting and the right to (propose) resolution to the Annual
General Meeting for discussion;
B) Associate Members
i. Do not have the right to vote, elect, to be elected as Committee at the
Annual General Meeting and the right to propose resolution to the Annual
General Meeting for discussion.
4. Proposals for membership shall be in writing on the application form as
may be required by the Board of Committees and shall state such particulars
for refer from time to time.
5. Each application for membership shall be proposed by and seconded by two
respective existing members before being forwarded to the Secretariat of
6. Each membership application form must be discussed by the following
Board of Committee Meeting; each application form must be approved in the
Board of Committee Meeting before being listed in the member list. When
special circumstances arise which requires prior approval of membership for
special purpose, the application can be prior approved by 5 Committee
Members, they are: President of the Association, Secretary General,
Treasurer, Working Committee of Membership Officer and Assistance Officer,
after that the above membership must be adopted in the following Board of
7. Each membership application form must enclose payment of membership
fees, to be eligible for being approved in the Committee Meeting. In the
event the membership application is objected by any Committee Members, then
such membership application shall be decided in the Committee Meeting by
8. Each approved new membership must wait until clearance of membership
fees before the membership takes effect. The secretariat of the Association
shall inform successful membership applicant in writing and forwarding a
copy of the constitution of the Association to the new members.
9. Non-successful membership applicant can submit a new membership
application after a lapse of one calendar year from its previous membership
RESIGNATION AND EXPULSION (TERMINATION)
1. A member shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the Association upon
the happening of the following events：
i. A notice in writing has been sent by the member to the Secretary General
stating that it has resigned its membership.
ii. A member has ceased its trading, manufacturing, dealership or agency in
the furniture industry, wood based industry or manufacturing good or
machinery related to the furniture industry.
iii. A member or its partner has been adjudicated bankrupt or winding up
their company or Receiving Order has been pronounced by the Court against
2. The Decision of the Board of Committee as to whether any member is a
member at any time or has ceased to be a member as from such date as the
Board of Committee may determine shall be final and conclusive and binding
on the member.
3. Upon ceasing to be a member of the Association such ex-member shall
forfeit all rights in and claim upon the Association and its property or
1. Any member may be expelled if in the opinion of the Board of Committee
such member has failed to conform to the published rules or bye-laws of
Association or is guilty of conduct derogatory to the dignity of or
injurious to the reputation or interest of the Association and that the
entrance fee paid shall not be refundable.
2. Before expelling such member the Board of Committee may give such member
notice in writing inviting such member to resign and stating generally in
such notice the grounds on which the invitation is based.
3. If within two weeks from the date of posting of such notice such member
shall not have resigned the Board of Committee may be further notice in
writing advise such member that such member will be expelled from the
Association unless such member within two weeks of the date of posting of
such further notice lodges with the Board of Committee written notice of
appeal against expulsion supported by at least two members of the
4. Within reasonable time of such notice of appeal the Board of Committee
shall convene an Special Committee Meeting to consider whether or not such
member should expelled from the Association
5. At such meeting such member may or in the case of a firm or Company the
representative of such firm or Company address the meeting or make a
written statement in reference to the matter or complaint of to be read out
to the meeting by the President.
6. If majority of the members present and voting at such meeting are in
favour of expelling such member from the Association such member shall be
expelled accordingly and shall there upon forth with cease to be a member
of the Association and shall forfeit all rights to or claim upon the
Association or its property or funds as he otherwise would have by reason
CLAUSE 6: SOURCE OF INCOME
1. The membership fee for :-
A) Ordinary Members
i. Shall be one-time payment of RM 2,000.00;
B) Associate Members
i. Shall be one-time payment of RM 1,000.00 and
ii. RM 300.00 annual fee for renewing the status of membership. All annual
fee shall be payable to the Association not later than 31 December of every
2. Associate Member who fails to pay his annual fee, the Board of Committee
shall have the sole and absolute discretion to terminate or suspend his
3. Special contribution-When special circumstances arise which requires
raising of funds for specific purpose or when face with inadequate fund,
the Board of Committee shall have power to pass resolution to require
members to pay special contribution.
4. The Association may accept contribution in the form of cash or goods.
But contribution in the form of cash must be declared and stated clearly in
the annual financial report.
5. The Association may buy, sell, invest, lease, hold current assets and
fixed assets and other forms of economic activities upon approval of the
Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
CLAUSE 7: GENERAL MEETING
A) ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. The supreme authority of the Association shall be vested in Annual
General Meeting of Members of the Association. At least half of the total
members of the Association or twice the number (38) of the members of the
Committee (19) whichever is the lesser shall form a quorum of Annual
2. If half an hour after the time appointed for the meeting a quorum is not
present, the meeting shall be postponed to a date (not exceeding fourteen
days) to be decided by the Board of Committees; and if a quorum is not
present half an hour after the time appointed for the postponed meeting,
the members present may proceed with the meeting but shall not have the
power to amend the rules of the Association to make decision effecting the
3. An Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon as possible after the
close of each financial year but not later than 30th day of
April each year on a date to be determined by the Board of Committees.
4. The Agenda of the Annual General Meeting shall be: –
a) To adopt the Secretary General ’s Report of the previous year;
b) To adopt the Treasurer’s Report and Statement of Account of the previous
c) To elect Committee Members once in every two years;
d) To elect Auditor once in every two years;
e) To discuss proposed resolution;
5. The Secretary General shall, at least fourteen days prior to the Annual
General Meeting, send to all members the notice of the Annual General
Meeting together with Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and
annual reports of the current Committee. All members must submit the name
of its delegate together who shall attend the Annual General Meeting to the
Association within two weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.
6. The Secretary General shall forward to all members a copy of the draft
minutes of each Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting as soon as
possible after its conclusion.
B) EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
1. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be convened by following:
i. Whenever the Board of Committee deems it is desirable to do so or more
than half (1/2) of the members of the Board of Committee required it to do
ii. At the joint request by Ordinary Members in writing to the Secretary
General of not less than one-fifth (1/5) of Ordinary Members stating their
reasons and purpose for such request.
2. An Extraordinary General Meeting requisitioned by Ordinary Members shall
be convened within thirty days (30) of the receipt of such requisition
3. Notice and Agenda of an Extraordinary General Meeting must be sent by
the Secretary General to all its members at least fourteen days prior to
the Extraordinary General Meeting.
4. Quorum for an Extraordinary General meeting shall be the same as that
for an Annual General Meeting stipulated in clause 7 (1) herein, subject
always that in the event there is no quorum present after half an hour from
the time fixed for an Extraordinary General Meeting, such meeting shall be
deem cancelled and no Extraordinary General Meeting shall be
requisitioned for the same purpose until after a lapse of at least six
months from the date of the cancelled Extraordinary General Meeting.
CLAUSE 8: BOARD OF COMMITTEES
1. The Committee shall consist of nineteen (19) Committee Members to be
elected by the Annual General Meeting of members once every two years.
Election of the Committee Members shall be conducted by an Election Working
Committee who appointed by Board of Committee.
2. The nineteen (19) Committee members shall elect amongst themselves the
office bearers of the Association as follow:
a) A President
b) A Deputy President
c) A First Vice President
d) A Second Vice President
e) A Secretary General
f) An Assistant Secretary General
g) A Treasurer
h) An Assistant Treasurer
i) A Social Officer
j) An Assistant Social Officer
k) A Recreation Officer
l) An Assistant Recreation Officer
m) A Welfare Officer
n) An Assistant Welfare Officer
o) Five (5) Ordinary Committee Members.
3. All Committee Members must be Malaysian citizens.
4. All Committee Members shall be proposed, seconded and elected from the
alternate Annual General Meeting of Members. Their term of office shall be
two years and they shall be eligible for re-election at the expiry of their
5. The election of the Board of Committees shall be in two stages. Firstly,
there shall be election of nineteen (19) Committee Members. Secondly,
within ten (10) days from the first election, there must be election of the
office bearers. Thereafter, a handing over ceremony and swearing in
ceremony shall be held within thirty (30) days from the date of election of
the office bearers of the Association.
6. The Board of Committees shall meet at least once in every two (2) month
and seven (7) days’notice of each meeting shall be given to the members.
The President, acting alone or no less than four (4) of its members acting
together may call for a meeting of the Committee to be held at any time. At
least half of the members of the Committee must be present to form a
7. Any Committee Member who failed to attend Board of Committee Meeting
three (3) times consecutively s without satisfactory explanation shall be
deemed to have resigned from the Committee.
8. In the event of death or resignation of a member of the Board of
Committees; the candidate who received next highest number of votes at the
previous election shall be invited to fill the vacancy. If there is no such
candidate or if such candidate declines to accept office, the Board of
Committees shall have the power to invite any other member to fill the
vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting.
9. The function of the Board of Committees is generally to implement and
supervise the activities of the Association and to make decisions on
matters within the general policies laid down by the Annual General
Meeting. The Board of Committees may not act contrary to the expressed
wishes of the Annual General Meeting without prior reference to it and
shall always remain subordinate to the Annual General Meeting. It shall
furnish a report to each Annual General Meeting on its activities during
the previous year.
10. Where any urgent matter requiring the approval of the Board of
Committees arises and it is not possible to convene a meeting, the
Secretary General may obtain such approval by means of a circular letter.
The following conditions must be fulfilled before a decision of the Board
of Committee is deem to have been obtained:
i. This issue must be clearly set out in the circular and forwarded to all
members of the Board of Committee.
ii. At least one half (1/2) of the members of the Board of Committee must
indicate whether they are in favour or against the proposal.
iii. The decision must be by a majority vote. Any decision obtained by
circular letter shall be reported by the Secretary General to the next
Board of Committee Meeting and recorded in the minutes thereof.
11. The Board of Committees may appoint any number of staffs to assist the
Secretary General in the conduct of the affairs of the Association. The
Board of Committees may suspend or dismiss any staff for neglect of duty,
dishonesty, incompetence, and refusal to carry out the instruction of the
Secretary General or any other which are contrary to the interest of the
12. The Board of Committee due in their term shall pass over all of the
Association documents such as registration certificates, constitution
registered, annual return report, all the incoming and outgoing memo and
letter, account books, bank Books, cheque and receipts, land grants, list
of assets and so on to the new term of Board of Committee.
13. The Board of Committee where necessary shall set up a Working Committee
or delegates to dedicate special responsibilities to Committees or members
as the Committee deem fit.
CLAUSE 9: DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS
1. The President shall preside Board of Committee Meeting as Chairman. He
shall represent the Association in its dealings with outside bodies. He
shall have the custody of the official seal of the Association and all
important documents of the Association as sanctioned by the Board of
Committee. The President shall hold office for a maximum of two terms of
two years each that is a total of four (4) years. Upon expiry of his term,
he shall remain as Advisor of the Association for duration of two terms of
two (2) years each, i.e. a total of four (4) years.
2. The Deputy President shall assist the President in carrying out the
official duties of the President, and to carry out such duties when the
President is absent or on leave.
3. The Vice President shall assist the President is carrying out the duties
of the President. In the absence of the President and Deputy President, one
of the Vice Presidents shall carry out the duties of the President. No
meeting shall be validly convened in the absence of the President, Deputy
President and the Vice President.
4. The Secretary General shall keep all the documents and records of the
Association except the financial record, and ensure that the records are
accurate and correct. The Secretary General shall present annual report of
the Association to the Annual General Meeting of members.
5. The Treasurer shall keep the accounts of the Association and shall
prepare annual statement of account and balance sheet as at 31st December
of each financial year and the Treasurer shall ensure that such financial
statement are duly audited.
6. The Social Officer shall represent the Association in attending social
7. The Recreation Officer shall be responsible for promoting healthy
recreation for members of the Association.
8. The Welfare Officer shall be responsible for the welfare of the Members
of the Association.
9. All the Assistants of the various office bearers must assist in the
activities of their respective posts and in the absence of the respective
office bearers his or her assistant shall presides on his or her behalf.
10. Ordinary Committee members must assist in the Activities of the
1. The Associations shall utilize its fund for any purpose necessary to
carry out its objective stated in its Constitution, including payment of
administration expenditure, payment of salaries, allowance and
2. The Board of Committees must submit a budget proposal to the Annual
General Meeting for approval each year:
i. Any expenditure exceeding of RM 20,000 must be approved by the Annual
ii. Any expenditure of RM 20,000 or below must be approved by the Board of
iii. The President, Secretary General and the Treasurer have the authority
to approve expenditure up to RM 10,000.
iv. The authorized signatory (President/Secretary General/ Treasurer) shall
have the right to sign cheque for amount no more than Two Hundred Thousand
Ringgit Malaysia (RM 200,000.00) each in relation to the budget which has
already been approved by the Annual General Meeting or any other amounts as
may have been approved by any Annual General Meeting/ Extraordinary General
3. The Treasurer shall on behalf of the Association collect payment and pay
out disbursement. He shall not keep cash in hand in excess of One Thousand
Ringgit Malaysia (RM 1000.00) and any cash in excess of this amount must be
deposited into the bank account of the Association within 7 days.
4. All Cheques or withdrawal notices to the financial institution issued by
the Association must be signed by two of three specified signatories,
namely, the President, the Secretary General, and the Treasures.
5. The financial year of the Association shall commence from 1st day of
January and ends on 31st day of December of each calendar year.
6. Immediately after the end of each financial year, a statement of
receipts and payment and a balance sheet for the year shall be prepared and
audited by the auditors appointed under Chapter 11. The audited accounts
shall be submitted for the approval of the next Annual General Meeting and
copies shall be made available at the registered office or place of meeting
of the Association for the perusal of members.
CLAUSE 11: AUDITORS
1. A registered audit firm shall be appointed by the Annual General Meeting
as Auditor of the Association.
2. The auditor shall be required to audit the accounts of the Association
for the year and to prepare a report or Certificate for the Annual General
Meeting. They may also be required by the President to audit the accounts
of the Association for any period within their tenure of office at any date
and to make a report to the Board of Committee. The financial year of the
shall commence on first (1st) January each year.
3. Internal Auditor shall not be part of the Committee. The Internal
Auditor’s term of office shall be maximum of two (2) years and shall not
seek re-election of office. The Internal Auditor must carry out audit of
the accounts of the association at least once a year and must present the
accounts and financial statements for the approval of the Committee and the
General meeting of Members. The Internal Auditor can upon request of the
president carry out audit of account at any time.
CLAUSE 12: PROPERTY ADMINISTRATORS/TRUSTEES
1. All movable or immovable assets or of the Association must be registered
under the name of the Association.
2. All legal documents relating to the movable or immovable assets of the
Association must be executed by the President, Secretary General and the
Treasurer jointly. The names of the office bearers must be certified by the
Registrar of the Society in writing and all legal documents must bear the
office seal of the Association.
3. All movable or immovable assets of the association shall not be charged,
mortgage, assigned, transferred, sold or dealt with in any way without the
proper resolution of Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General
Meeting of Members.
CLAUSE 13: INTERPRETATION
1. Unless overruled by the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General
Meeting of Members, the Board of Committees shall have the right to provide
its interpretation of the express wordings of this Constitution or on
matters which the Constitution is silent.
2. The decision of the Board of Committees must be complied by all members
of the Association, unless such decisions obviously contradict or
inconsistent with the policies set down by the Annual General Meeting of
Members in its resolution, until such time the decisions of the Board of
Committees is overruled by the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary
General Meeting of members.
CLAUSE 14: ADVISOR/ PATRON
1. The Board of Committee shall appoint a person to be Patron or Advisor of
the Association in writing when necessary. Number of Advisors is limited to
3 persons only and this excludes: Advisor (One), Legal Advisor (One), Tax
Advisor (One) and Audit Advisor (One). All Advisors shall hold for a
position maximum of one term of two years. The Board of Committees has the
right to continue appoint or elect others person upon his expiry; in
addition, there are not limitations on the number of Patron.
CLAUSE 15: PROHIBITIONS
1. No gambling activities of any kind shall be allowed at the Premises of
2. The Association or its members shall in no way attempt to manipulate
trade, prices or engage in the trade union activities as defined under the
Trade Union act, 1959.
3. The Association shall not carry out Lottery, whether for its members or
amongst its Committee Members, without prior approval from the relevant
4. No member of the Association shall be entitled to the benefit as defined
under Section 2 of the Societies Act, 1966.
5. All monies and profits earned by the Association as a result of
organizing or participation in economic activities shall be channeled back
to the Association. This money shall not be used to pay interest, profit or
bonus to any member of the Association. Although this provision does not
preclude any payment of wages or administrative expenses or both to any
member or employee of the Organization.
CLAUSE 16: AMENDMENT OF CONSTITUTION
1. All amendments to this Constitution of the Association must be approved
by the Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting of members.
The amended articles duly approved must be submitted to the Registrar of
the Societies within sixty (60) days from the date of the General Meeting.
The amended articles shall come into effect from the date of their approval
by the Registrar of the Societies.
CLAUSE 17: DISSOLUTION
1. The Association shall not be dissolved except with the consent of 3/5 of
the members attending the Extraordinary General meeting convened specified
for the purpose of dissolving the Association.
2. In the event of successful passing of resolution to dissolve this
Association, all debts of the Association must be met in full and
thereafter all remaining fund shall be donated to schools and or charitable
organization as determined by the Extraordinary General Meeting.
3. Notice of dissolution shall be given to the Registrar of Societies
within fourteen (14) days of the date of dissolution.
CLAUSE 18: THE EMBLEM AND SIGNIFICATION
2. The Emblem and Signification:
· Symbol for tree represents Timber and Furniture Industry. The Three trees
also represent 3 races and religion in Malaysia.
· The bottom of the Tree with the triangle symbol represent work in hand
and corporate together to strengthen the timber and furniture industry.
· The red color of the symbol represents timber and furniture industry
always go for good and rich symptom.